Went up to the allotment this morning to check if all was ok after a blustery night. Thankfully, everything was fine. On a whim, I decided to climb a nearby tree to get a bird’s eye shot of the plot. I was soon reminded of my youth, the danger and thrill of tree climbing, and how it is always harder to get down from a tree than it is to climb one. Can you see my shadow in the centre of the above photo?
Yes I did get down eventually (No, I am not blogging from the tree tops!)
While up in the tree I took some shots of these leaves blowing in the wind…
I managed to erect the wind-break before Christmas! As you can see from the pics it turned out ok. Some of the poles are a bit more slanted than others but I don’t think any of them are truly straight anyway. It’s hard to gauge when working on a slope without a spirit level. I invested in a pole driver from Amazon.co.uk and it allowed me to drive the poles into the ground in double-quick time. I bought the wind-break material online also but this time from an Irish company. I got it for a good price – €50 for a 50m x 1m roll – with free delivery to boot! I used a very basic staple gun to attach the mesh to the posts, using strips of plastic cut from old compost bags to give added purchase.
It has been very windy for the last couple of days so I must pop up soon to see how it’s holding up.
To finish up here’s a study in bamboo. Happy New Year!